Biggest Story 1 Challenge

    The biggest challenge while writing my first story started as a lack of time as I was traveling without easy connection to Wi-Fi. Once I got to my destination, I struggled to catch-up on all classes while conducting interviews, settling into my home for the next few months and finding a job. I became overly stressed to complete this assignment as I felt nothing I was writing was sharing the ideas I was trying to get across. I was in a state of writer’s mental block. While conducting my next story, I will be sure to manage my time better. I found it was much easier to continue the writing process through Professor Priewe’s corrections than to constantly delete my ideas. I tend to be a perfectionist which causes me to struggle with writing. I hope to continue correcting this story until it is as close to perfect as possible.

    While writing my next story it is essential for me to plan the order of each point I want to share before I begin the writing process. This will help me organize the details and will make it easier for me to insert quotes. This being said, I will focus on the quotes and sources more than my own opinions. Also, I will keep the title in my mind as I write and conduct interviews so that I am not stressing at the end to find an idea.

    The interview process can be somewhat frustrating as many students don't reply or ghost when they are asked to speak over the phone. However, I loved meeting new people and learning about their perspectives. The staff were very helpful and responded quickly when asked to interview. While a few felt they didn't have the knowledge to share, they were able to give me better contacts. Next time, I will make notes in addition to recording so that it’s easier to find information within the recording on our conversation.

    BMy next news story will be discussing jobs and career opportunities at LBCC and in the community. This will include insight from students who work in some of the positions I will mention so others can have a better understanding of the job. I will also include resources for students to create a resume and tips for getting an interview.

Comments

Popular Posts